Tuesday, September 6, 2011

values


Name
June 28, 2009
Class


            People value things like their family or the things they own. Values play a part in everyone’s life but people value the things they like things that make them happy or feel good. Human beings are much more self-centered then we even allow ourselves to believe. Doing what we believe is right is nothing more than an attempt to make ourselves feel good about ourselves and sometimes it is to use that event to benefit us in the future. The reality of life is that people really don’t care about one another they do nice things to make themselves feel good. This explains why it is so easy for us to make certain groups into enemies. If people really did value human life and not just their own then it would be nearly impossible to get people to hate another group because they believe something different but the reality is it is all too easy.

            I realize that I care about myself more than anyone else I keep people in my life that in some way benefit my wants and needs. My values are completely centered on me. I don’t see this as bad thing I view it as a natural occurrence in life. I feel like I’m being more honest with myself when I look at things in terms of how it can benefit me or make me feel good. People tend to look down on this mindset but I feel we all are like this but either are afraid or refuse to admit to ourselves that this is how we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment